Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mason Dixon - Baby Blanket

I've always been intrigued by the colorful log cabin quilts so I was thrilled to find a Log Cabin knitting pattern in the Mason Dixon book.


Mason-Dixon Knitting


I wanted to start small so here is the beginning of my Moderne Baby Blanket. The yarn is a variety of colors and brands in 100% cotton. I did not test my gauge or do anything special because I was too eager to get started!


Moderne Baby Blanket

I'm telling everyone that I'm knitting the largest dishcloth EVER! The next color will be a soft purple, almost lilac, on the right side. I can't decide if I should add pink. I already know that I would like to try this again in earth tones (cream, light brown, dark brown, greens, etc).

I ran across a photograph of the apple cap that I made last year (Click here). I think these colors would look great in the same pattern. Maybe add a deep shade of blue, too.

Apple Hat - Completed

No comments: