Monday, September 18, 2006

Garterlac Dishcloth - Completed

I finished the Criminyjickets Garterlac Dishcloth over the weekend. I'd like to try an enterlac dishcloth soon. Tonight, I'll start on my second Monthly Dishcloth KAL pattern.

Garterlac Dishcloth - Completed

Yarn: Sensation Bellezza Collection Smania Yarn from JoAnn's
Pattern: http://criminyjickets.blogspot.com/2006/07/garterlac-dishcloth.html

Here's a close-up of the squares. I love the way this yarn looks but the small white threads pick too easily on sharp or rough objects. Dishcloths really are a great project to test out a new yarn that you haven't used before. Now point me in the direction of the dirty dishes!

Garterlac Dishcloth close-up

(click on the picture then choose all sizes to view the large image)

2 comments:

Dave said...

It looks great! I can certainly see what you mean about the small, white threads. It will be interesting to see how well it holds up to a bit of us. The colour is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I haven't been able to actually use the dishcloth yet..it has sat on the living room chair looking pretty, modeled with my yellow oak leaf dishcloth on the couch, been tucked into my knitting bag for safe keeping, and been shown to everyone two or three times (at least!).