Friday, November 11, 2005

One Weekend Knitting Glove Done!

I am plagued by holey finger joints. Hopefully my next glove, which I have not cast on for, will be hole free. Otherwise, it will be a long time before I make another pair of these....unless the next one is less holey then I may call my first one a practice glove and make another. Anyway, I'm glad that I did finish this one glove because of the practice at using small DPNs and picking up the small stitches. I'll be casting on for the second glove this evening and I'm going to try and get the Magic Loop method to work this time.



I keep going back to this page to view Little Purl of the Orient's sampler afghan. I think this would be a great way project to track my progress as I learn to knit. I could start out with easy stitches, advance to more complex patterns, and end with designs of my own (made up of the stitches that I've learned). Maybe a square or two a month? The knitting sounds fun but all of that seaming and weaving in the ends has me scared!

No comments: