Monday, November 21, 2005

Peaceful Palms Update-Glove #2

I wasted about 2 hours on Friday night trying to cast on and knit with the Magic Loop method. Finally, I came to my senses and using the techniques from nonaknit's two circular tutorial, I cast on and knit about 7 rows. This method was so much faster than the DPN and the stitches look much more uniform with less ladders in the garter stitched cuff. I do have a seam like appearance where I joined the yarns and there is a ladder on the other side but it is better than 4 areas like that on my other glove's cuff.



On Saturday night, I finished the cuff and started working towards the thumb gusset. I'm using a Denise Interchangeable needle and a Boyles (from the set I purchased last weekend). I'm glad this one is going smoother and of course much faster than the last. I will try to knit some more on it this evening to see if I can complete the palm.


No signs of winter.

No comments: