Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Knifty Knitter Hat

Okay, I'm finally getting around to posting my completed projects. The Knifty Knitter has kept me busy and even inspired me to get my Ultimate Sweater Machine out of the closet.

Here is my first finished hat(completed 2/23/2005)!

The pattern is pretty close to the one described in the Knifty Knitter instructions. My mom loved the hat and has worn it several times. Also, I made her a matching purse and one skinny scarf on the Ultimate Sweater Machine . The purse needs to be seamed and the scarf has been completed!
In case you are wondering, this is what it looks like on the green Knifty Knitter loom:

It looks like a lot of work but it is very easy and the rounds go quickly. I'm still clumsy with knitting needles so this has been great for me to use! And look at a close-up of the stitches...

Since February, I've made 2.5 hats, 2 scarves, and a pair of slipper socks. I have trouble using Fun Fur, Eyelash, Cha Cha, and other such yarns on knitting needles. It is so much easier to use them on the Knifty Knitter looms.


Click here for more information on the Knifty Knitter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That hat looks great! I've been looking at those Knifty Knitters in Michael's and have been wondering how items knitted on them turn out. Maybe I'll have to get me some! :D

springyknitting said...

You are a great knitter, I've seen proof on your blog! I think the Knifty Knitters would slow you down. They were a great tool to get me started in knitting without worrying about dropping my needles or stitches.

Anonymous said...

I just bought the Knifty Knitter and the instructions are very small and hard to see is there somewhere on the website where I can get larger instructions or do you have them in a larger version?

springyknitting said...

Hi Larene! The instructions that came with my Knifty Knitter set appeared photocopied with the pictures washed out. I don't know why they don't just throw in the $0.99 pattern book with every kit!
Have you seen Provocraft's Knifty Knitter Product Video? The video quickly walks you through making your first hat.
It is located at the address below:
http://www.provocraft.com/video/index.php#kniftyknitter

Also, Decor Accents has some videos for using a round loom. While they aren't using the Knifty Knitters, the concept is the same. These are the videos that I used while learning to wrap:
http://decoraccentsinc.com/round_stitches_movies.html

Also, try this site (scroll down to see pictures with instructions:
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/how-to-loom-knit.html

I think the sites above are more helpful than the instructions that come with the set and I found the videos most helpful. Good luck knitting! Try some of the free patterns online to get started.